Fairydust couples Financial therapy helps you learn to increase your financial intimacy
Tell me if this sounds familiar?
Between life throwing you curveballs that get your budget off track,
retirement you feel guilty about not saving for and that debt from college…
WEll I have good news, I can help...
Fairydust couples financial therapy
keeping you from managing your money successfully as a team
Meet your financial therapist
Hello! I’m Sarah. I love helping folks who are tired of struggling with their financial goals achieve the personal wealth and financial freedom they deserve through my signature process the Fairydust Method™. I have a Bachelors degree in Finance from Post University and a Masters from the school of bad decisions. So I have both the book smarts and the life experience to know what you are going through and how to help you overcome it.
I stopped living paycheck-to-paycheck!
“My husband was out of work and we were having a hard time paying our bills. I had been avoiding even looking over our finances because I didn’t know where to start and I was afraid of what I would find. I was actually able to save more money than I thought I could and now I know how to create a budget. And actually stick to it! My attitude toward money totally changed from hating it to thinking of it as a tool I use to enrich my life.”
– Marie, finally stopped living paycheck-to-paycheck
I had a total mindset shift!
“I wanted to know how to save and budget better. It always seemed like a curveball would come up and surprise me. After talking with Sarah I felt more relaxed and had a total mindset shift because I knew how to plan for the unexpected AND my savings goals.”
– Marti, currently saving for a new roof and not sweating those curveballs any more
What to know what it's like to work with me? Here's the scoop!
- Once you book your first session, I will set you up with your own private portal from which we will work out of. There you can complete the therapy contract agreement and the questionnaire I use to get to know you so we can maximize our sessions together!
- Next we have our first virtual session and discuss your goals, barriers, and any other areas that you want to tackle in our time together. Each week we will have an opportunity to meet together and the sessions is followed up with actionable steps to help you accomplish your goals.
- Together we craft a personalized roadmap that we will walk together – including financial templates and resources I share with you in the portal, checklists for your action steps and ongoing feedback and check-ins during our sessions.
Here's everything that is included in your Fairydust Couples Financial Therapy package
- Personalized and secure online portal for all our resources and documents
- A financial roadmap that covers all your goals with a complete breakdown of each step you need to accomplish those goals
- Weekly 50-minute therapy sessions to work through money mindset and the financial roadmap – typically we spend about 3-6 months working together so that’s between 13-26 hours of dedicated one-on-one time!
- Complete budgeting template system for your own use again and again (you’ll love it so much!)
- Organize your Finances bundle from the SB Financial shop (included for free) that will have your financial documents looking nicer than a hoarders house after a Marie Kondo visit
- Entire Savings Success bundle from the SB Financial shop to have you crushing your savings goals in no time!
Your life before Fairydust Financial Therapy:
- You constantly struggle to try and stick to your budget – heck, you’re feeling good that you even HAVE a budget!
- Your finances are all over the place and your not really sure what your true financial health looks like
- You are convinced that money just hates you and that you’ll never be able to achieve your money goals and dreams
- You’re always holding your breath waiting for the other shoe to “drop” – it always does, something breaks, someone loses their job, some needs something urgently, it’s always something and your best laid plans go right out the window
- You are dog tired and wish you could just get ahead for once
- You hate sitting down to “pay bills” because it always ends up with you and your partner getting frustrated at each other.
- Sometimes you curse whoever developed joint bank accounts
Your life after the Fairydust Financial Therapy:
- You’ve made budgeting such a habit you barely even think about it – in fact, you spend less than 30 minutes even contemplating money during the whole month!
- You can each tell with a single glance exactly where your finances are with the click of a button (I’ll show you don’t worry!) and you get to see your progress every day!
- You have reframed the money beliefs that held you back and are watching your finances flow easily and in all the right directions because you’ve already achieved several of your goals and are effortlessly on track to accomplish the others
- You no longer have to fear the unknown, you have a plan and money to come to your rescue when something unexpected happens
- You feel so much closer to your partner now that you both are on the same page, encouraging each other’s dreams and goals
you also get free access to...
I am going to be totally honest, this is not for everyone
This is for you if...
This is not for you if...
I was able to finally feel “ahead”
“We were struggling to stay on top of payments and due dates. My favorite thing was taking the time to plan out for months and months ahead of time. By planning out months in advance I was able to plan ahead which made it a TON easier then those bills came around.”
– Amanda, finally started to feel ahead of the game
Frequently Asked Questions
Our therapy sessions are currently all virtual using the Zoom platform. We will have a private link for our sessions that will be sent to you once you book.
You can reach out to me for scheduling questions via your personal portal. I would suggest saving up all other questions either in the portal or on your phone or piece of paper until our session. Many times you will answer a question yourself or it warrants a further discussion than email can provide.
Nope. I don’t do that. It wouldn’t help you reach your goal anyway! I have some techy tools I think make life easier but it’s always your decision. Anything I recommend can also be done with pen and paper or something free as something paid.
I give all clients 3 months past the end of our client/therapist contract to have continued access to their portal. I will remind you when your access is almost at an end so that you can remember to download anything you might want to keep as your own past that.
No I do not. I have consciously chosen to avoid those aspects of the financial sector in my business and while we certainly discuss investments and insurance I do not sell products as I believe strongly that it would be a conflict of interest.
This is a two-part answer. If you have both commited to therapy with me then no, I will not meet with you individually. I support the communication between you, I am not a mediator.
If your partner is unwilling to discuss and/or attend therapy you are welcome to sign up for individual therapy and we can certainly discuss your partner relationship there. There is no cost difference and if, if the future your partner commits to coming in then we can swap over to couples therapy at that time (again, same cost). If this is your situation I invite you to head over to the individual therapy page.
I sure do! If I discover a better, easier way to manage your finances I absolutely make changes. I also take client feedback and make updates. I send out these updates for free to all my past clients as long as you remain on my email list. (I mean, if you want to stop receiving emails from me I’m going to honor that – otherwise you’ll get the updates).
I completely understand. I’ve made some super rotten decisions with my money before (if you haven’t read my story of how I ended up homeless it’s on my blog). I know that it can be tough, but this is a judgement-free zone. For real! Besides, I’m proud of you already for taking the step towards change no matter what pickle you are in!
It really depends on your situation and how you define “results”. Will you instantly have $1 million dollars? Nope, but if you put in the work you will see progress every single week.
There is no current licensure structure for financial therapy acknowledged by the US Government. At this time there are recommendations put forth by the Financial Therapy Association and I have met or exceeded all their compentency requirement. I am not a general psychologist or licensed social worker. I specifically specialize in finances.
If we determine through the course of our work together that you would benefit from seeing a licensed psychologist for non-monetary concerns I will be happy to refer you to one.
No, not at this time. Traditional insurance currently does not cover financial therapy and as the certification and licensure process for this field is still under development insurance payments are not presently an option.
Let's do this!
I can’t wait to see you start achieving those dreams of yours!